Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bees Hate My Writing

I am honestly trying my hardest to finish this novel. Of course, this brilliant idea popped in my head... "Oh, Crystal! Go outside! Go outside to the front porch where you can write to the music of the birds and feel the wind's hand breeze through your hair!"

However, I'm outside, and the music of the birds is distracting, the breeze of the wind is distracting (yet wonderful), and bees have decided I smell deliciously sweet. I've tried to talk to the bees. I thought maybe there is a bit o' bug whisperer inside me, after all, my bunny understands me. So I said, "Hey bees, I'm not a flower. You won't get any pollen from these pale legs!"

Sadly, bees have tiny ears. They don't listen very well.

Bet the elderly neighbors are enjoying watching me hop around the porch constantly swinging and shouting.

2 comments:

Norman C Hoffmann said...

This post is awesome. I really like how it ends with the old people being amused. And, the part about the bees having small ears. That totally worked.

Crystal Fields said...

We really do have endless amounts of elderly neighbors. It's the perfect neighborhood for a Narcoleptic. We can all take afternoon naps together haha